Saturday, April 11, 2009

Archbishop Nichols on the radio

Listen to him here. He defends the Pope - a good start!

On the advertising consultation: 'I would like Catholics to be more active'

Sex: 'that's not my preoccupation' - in contrast to the media.

On the contrast between Catholic teaching and modern attitudes: 'I'm not entirely uncomfortable with it: I do expect there to be a critical distance' between popular thinking and Church teaching. Being a Catholic is 'a challenge'.

Against Tony Blair's advice on changing Church teaching: 'I think I'll take my guide from Pope Benedict, actually.'

No comments:

Pope Leo XIII's Prayer to St Michael

Holy Michael, Archangel, defend us in the day of battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust down to Hell Satan, and all wicked spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen